Total Pages: 4
Table Of Contents
- Key Takeaways
- Storage Tank Drama?
- Not The First PHMSA Issue With Calcasieu Pass.
- Calcasieu Pass LNG’s Tank Engineering History Is Muddy.
- A Mistake, Or Model Byproduct?
- LNG Storage Tank Safety Is A Key Topic Within U.S. LNG.
- Questions for Calcasieu Pass
Venture Global – Calcasieu Pass LNG
Venture Global – PHMSA Objects to Calcasieu Pass LNG’s Storage Tank Design
- A day after Venture Global successfully raised the first LNG storage tank roof
(4/27/20) at its Calcasieu Pass LNG facility, PHMSA issued a memo (4/25/20) to
FERC objecting to the LNG storage tank design, citing non-compliance with the
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 59A).
- LNG storage tanks must be designed and constructed to meet several regulations
and codes, including NFPA 59A.
- The timing of PHMSA’s objection is notable since the tank design should
have been approved by PHMSA & FERC prior to the start of construction.